Winds of Change

The best and worst thing about life is that it keeps on changing. It is very true in my case. The last few changes in my life have been so erratic that I have lost my life in between them. My personal life has been a bit rough for the past 15 months since I left my home town. Setting up a new home in a new city twice with my family and managing all the stuff related to daily house life on my own were not easy tasks for me to do in the first instance. Including this with the financial hardships which I had to come across during this segment was very frustrating. And the wonderful people I came across during this phase were "sonay pe suhaga". I wasn't able to attend my friends' weddings. I was absent from family gatherings. My sister came from the UK, and I couldn't spend enough time with her. My parents, siblings, and relatives miss us, especially my nephew. I had to leave my health club.

In some parts of my heart, there is a regret that I shouldn't have said yes to this change. My life would have been the same as it was before. Even though it might be a little bit rough then, it would still be more carefree and enjoyable. I would be close to my parents, siblings, friends, and my city. But anyway, it seems like it might not be possible for me now to go back.

I know one thing for sure; I won’t be able to live like this for long. A new change is already knocking on the door, but I am reluctant to open this door. There are ifs and buts which are occupying my mind and are not letting me open it. My confidence in adapting to new changes has been a bit shaken. The change that is coming is again a life-changing change, and this time it will affect the lives of me and my family more severely than the previous change.

Even though it’s been a rough ride till now, I believe that I have and will be able to manage to achieve equal or more than that from these rough times.

Recently, I read a quote which made me think positively about changes. It says:

"You always grow in difficult times. Your life may change, it may never be the same, but you will learn more about yourself than at any other time in your life. "

I read this after many years and the last few sentences made me relate to the Interstellar scene when Cooper says to his past self to not go. He tries to make him stay. So many years have passed and when I look back, I want my past self to stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40