In Paris – Day 2 – The French Journey continues…

I put an alarm on my cell phone. The alarm rang on time. I had a very tiring day yesterday and I could still feel the tiredness after 5–6 hours of sleep. But this tiredness had to be ignored, otherwise I would have missed the excitement. I took a shower, changed my clothes, and packed the luggage. I just had a bag and an umbrella. I left my umbrella at the hotel since the forecast for that day was cloudy, not rainy. A few yards away was the stop for open tour bus. I jumped over it and began my second day of exploration of Paris. I went to the Louvre museum, which is one of the world's most visited museums of the world. It used to be a fortress, first in the seventeenth century, and then it was converted into a palace, and now a museum. It contains artefacts from the Egyptian, Iranian, Greek, and Roman civilizations. There are some very beautiful and amazing paintings inside, including Mona Lisa by Leonardo Di Vinci. This painting is kept in a room and a barrier is placed in between the visitors and the painting. I spent a couple of hours in the museum and then headed for the next destination. As soon as I went out of the museum, it started raining. The forecast cheated me anyway. However, it was bearable. Minutes later it converted into drizzling. Sitting on top of an open tour bus with a little drizzling and a cloudy sky and wandering through the streets of Paris was just a lovely experience. I was dead tired and it was already 2:00 pm. I didn’t have the stamina to walk down the street any more. Sitting on top of bus, I said goodbye to the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysées and headed towards the Gare de Nord station. During my journey to Gare de Nord, I met an old lady. She was from Australia and was having Euro Trip with her friend. She was in her late 60’s. She seemed very happy and excited to be in Paris. She said to me that it was her first time in Paris. I said it was my first time too. She replied, with a sigh, "But you can come again." Her words struck a chord in my heart. I can imagine how happy she was as it might be her last time in Paris and, perhaps, life would not be giving her a second chance. She knew she would die soon. I reached the station at around 4:00 pm. My train was at 7:30 pm. I had lunch at the nearby Mc Donald's (fish burger: P) and waited inside the station. At the station, I came to observe different people from different nations inside the waiting room. On time, the train arrived, and I jumped over it. The train journey was amazing. I was served good food and drinks (soft ones). I had the company of a French girl with me ;) and we had interesting conversation throughout the journey. She also invited me to watch Scent of a Woman on her laptop. Ah... The French journey... 

These two days were an incredible experience in my life because I realised one of my dreams, and after visiting Paris, I realised there might not be a better place in the world to visit afterwards. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40