Bye Bye 2006 - A New Day Has Come


Today is 01 January 2007 and the time showing on my pc is 10:03 am. It’s the first day of New Year and also there is another special occasion too. Today is Eid-ul-Azha. I just have finished texting messages to all the people in my contact list and now finally I found some ample time to spend on my pc. I could feel that today will be quite a busy day. I am going to meet all the relatives and friends. Also soon qurbani will be started. But still I guess I have time to write something from my heart again.

Since yesterday was the last day of the previous year, in night on my way to sleep I was thinking about the previous year. Recounting all the memorable events of 2006, which were either good or bad and had affected me in any way. I was thinking how much of my life was changed in that year. 2006 year started on a good node. I had many hopes and dreams for the New Year. Professionally it was a kick back start and I was shifted to a new project, quite challenging and exciting. During summer, I visited Murree and Abbotabad with my brother and cousin. Everything in life was going smooth. There was work, fun and laughter. However gradually it soon began to fade away. The hope was replaced with despair. The fun was replaced with sickness and laughter was replaced with troubles. It all started when I couldn’t make into admission in MBA at LUMS for third time at row and this made me to re-think, what I really want in life? Also there were tensions growing on between me and my friends. In the third quarter of that year I started feeling dejected. One by one the incidents in life made me more and more depressed and I lost interest in everything. Another reason was that I was surrounded by very much negativity around myself. Since I absorb from my environment, therefore the negativity affected me deeply inside. I just wanted to run away from everything. I became very lazy and weird. And then the last month came.

I took 10 days leave from work in the last days of the year and those 10 days were quite memorable. In these days, I realized that my life was actually back on track again. I came to know about lies which a person was telling me from quite a long time and I actually believed them. It hurt me to an extent and first time I realized probably people can be fake. In spite of it, I was content and feeling positive. One of my best friends got married and I was very happy for him. Another of my best friend shifted back to Lahore. The misunderstandings between the friends were resolved; bought a new car. A whole new professional direction was in front of me. Had fun with some old friends and I was becoming more and more ready to face my fears once again ;)

In short, if I could sum up the year 2006 for myself then it would be “Just few days can change the whole course of your life. However always take them in right spirit and never lose hope”.

May God Bless You All.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40