Reason

For the past few days, I have been thinking about what made me move to Australia. I can come up with the usual answers that I wanted to collect money, get a foreign passport, or for better career prospects, but deep down I know these weren’t the primary reasons. The main reason for moving to Australia is something else. I should admit it now. I was angry and wanted to escape from my home. I moved to Islamabad, but it was becoming very exhausting for me due to travel and toxic colleagues. So, when an Australian opportunity came, I took it as an escape from my previous work. But now in Australia, I have been trying to escape from it and want to go back home to the same place from where I wanted to escape from in the first place, but I have not been able to do so. My life has been so much different now. I have 3 kids. My family relationships are a mess. I have made some money and a house. I am growing old and sad. I should save this topic of growing old or getting evolved for later posts.

So, my reason for moving to Australia was escape, and the reason for not going back is money.

When we were kids, we read about the perspective of life from one angle: that everything is good. But when we grow up, we see a lot of things that what we learned earlier in life is very different from those. And we come up with a lot of different questions. In order to better understand different perspectives on life, some people try to change their environments in order to find answers to these questions. Some move towards religion, some move towards other people for comfort, and some move more towards work and money.

I don't have much to write in this post. This was in my drafts, and I wanted to publish it. Maybe next time I need more contemplating before writing, I shouldn't let my post be in drafts because that frame of mind is lost when I try to complete it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40