2013: A year in review - Relocation, Family and Work

It’s already February 2014. Today, on my way to the office, I realised that I hadn’t written anything about what happened in my life in 2013... so here it is now. 

2013 started with a new opportunity. I got a job offer in Sydney for a renowned global consulting company. After thinking for a brief time and negotiating about the salary, I finally accepted the offer. It was the first time in my career that the salary I demanded was actually offered to me. I was happy with it. So I resigned from my previous employer and started the big relocation again. It was another big move. There were a lot of tasks that I had to do. Fortunately, I was able to finish them all. I have already written about this in my previous post. 

The next couple of months were very busy. New job; new home; adjusting to the new neighborhood; getting a driving license; buying a car; and finally, the birth of my second child. The rest of the year went pretty fast as well. My domestic life has kept me busy most of the time. In December, I visited Pakistan. The journey from Sydney to Lahore was one of my worst trips. I had 2 connecting flights and one of the flights got delayed a lot, so I barely reached arrival on time for my second flight. The last days of the year went like the rest of the year. Fast... super fast. 

Overall, I feel it was a fast-moving year, and the best things of the year were the birth of my daughter, living in Sydney, working for Capgemini, and getting a driving licence legally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40