2011: A year in review – Extending the Limits...

At the beginning of every year, I am in the habit of writing a post in which I highlight the important events of the previous year and the changes they made in my life. I couldn't do so for 2011. Since the beginning of this year, I have been very busy. Now, after more than 6 months, I have found an opportunity and I don’t want to stop this tradition. Let me start with my memories of 2011.

The year started with me and my wife shifting to Islamabad. I rented the ground portion of the house in the G10/4 sector. Its area was 5 marla (or may be less than that), and I was paying Rs. 18000 as rent, which was way less than the rent of other houses in the same area (as told to me). The house was definitely not worth it, but I didn’t have any other option and I didn’t want to live in guest houses anymore. We lived in that house for almost two and a half months, and then I went to Norway for one month. I had a skiing accident over there and got a brief concussion. Meanwhile, my sister from the UK visited Lahore. It was fun to spend time with her and her kids. In May, I had my firstborn. It was the happiest day of my life. I lived in a guest house for 2 months during that period in F8. Later that July, my family returned to Islamabad, and I rented a house at G11. It was a pretty nice place. In September, I got Australian immigration, and I started making up my mind about what I should do. Meanwhile, one of my really good friends lost his parents in a row, my brother got dengue, I had awful experiences at work and lost a friend at my workplace, and I have been travelling between Islamabad and Lahore back and forth. In November, I again visited Norway for the last time. During that trip, I got a job offer from an Australian company. I have decided to opt for that option. On my return, I resigned from Telenor and started preparing myself to face a new era in my life.

In short, if I conclude 2011, I will say it was a very hectic year for me because of all the travelling between cities, multiple relocations, and adjusting to a totally new city on my own. The good part was, in the end, it made me realise how far I could extend my limit. But if I ever come across a similar situation again, I think I will never again take decisions in that way in which I took them in 2011.

Happy life to you all....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40