Bye Bye 2010 - There is no Limit...

Another year has passed. And a new year is here. When I look back, I have mixed feelings about the year 2010. In 2010, my life had changed altogether. I got married in December 2009. In 2010, I experienced the bliss of marital life. During the first quarter of 2010, I was busy in my marital life. Since my wife hails from another city, travelling outside Lahore and exploring smaller cities around Lahore was quite exciting and thrilling. 

The second quarter started with a bang, and all the good things and carefree calm of the first quarter were replaced with the bits and pieces of agitation. My dear Khala was diagnosed with cancer. She had her operation and, by the grace of Allah almighty, it went well. Side by side, during this quarter, I had to make the toughest decision of my life. I got a job offer from a multinational company in Islamabad. The job looked promising, but it required me to relocate. Leaving your home city and family seems to be the toughest decision. After a lot of careful consideration and consultation, I decided to accept the challenge and resigned from my company. I spent more than 6 years with those guys, and leaving them was very hard, but I guess the principle of evolution demands change :P.

I hated and loved my decision. During most of the third and fourth quarters, I had been travelling. It was fun and adventure at the beginning and in the middle, but in the end, I got fed up with all this commuting and started to think whether I had made the right decision or not. But it’s been so far so good, so I think I shouldn’t be impatient and should leave some things in the good hands of Allah. Finally, now at the beginning of the New Year, I am relaxed. My travel schedule from August 2010 was as follows:

3 Weeks in Islamabad
1 Night in Karachi
3 Weeks in Oslo
1 Day in Karachi
1 week in Lahore
1 week in Islamabad
7 weeks in Oslo
1 week in Lahore
1 week in Islamabad
3 weeks in Oslo
2 days in Lahore
1 week in Islamabad
3 days in Lahore
3 days in Islamabad

Since I was travelling alone abroad, it was a bumpy ride for my martial life, but whatever Allah does, He has done it for the best. In the end, I have no complaints. 

So, in short, 2010 was a roller-coaster ride year for me as it gave me opportunities to explore myself and made me realise that if you have faith and the will to challenge your limitations (which you think you have), then there is no limit in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40