Bye Bye 2008 - I Wish...

Today is the first day of the year 2009. 2008 has gone. The year 2008 was one of the most happening years of my life. It was a year of fulfilment of wishes and goodbyes.
 
The year started with goodbyes. In the first month, my sister left for the UK. days after one of my very good workplace friends left for the UK for higher education. Several weeks after another of my workplace friends went to Australia for immigration, I don’t have any other friends left in my workplace. These two friends were with me for quite some time. A month later, my only friend from my FC College days also left the country and got a job in the UAE. So I could say that in the first few months, all the friends I had left the country for good. I am left with a few friends in Pakistan now. The initial 3 months have been the months of good byes. And I am never fond of goodbyes. But I guess life doesn’t end with the departure of someone. It always moves on, and so a lot of new people were waiting for me to meet them for the rest of the year.
 
This year, I decided to forego my MBA from Lums and instead study in the United States once I arrived there. I applied for a US visa via the H1B programme and gave an interview at the US Embassy. However, they put the decision on hold indefinitely.
 
The best thing about this year was that I visited Paris. It had been my dream for the past 4 years to see Paris, and ultimately it came true this year. Apart from that, I visited Amsterdam and Brussels as well. I enjoyed that one month which I spent in Europe a lot. I had loads of fun and went many places on my own.
 
The next best thing about this year was that I met some quite interesting people, and I learnt a lot while interacting with them. It helped me to understand people more clearly than ever. I made a very good friend this year, but I ruined our friendship with my immaturity and let myself suffer emotionally.
 
The third best thing is that I feel I have become closer to my family and friends. I realised the importance of these relationships in one’s life.
 
The fourth best thing was that I drove a lot this year. I was always scared of driving, but this year I overcame my fear. I drove to other cities and even to the mountains.
 
The fifth best thing is that I realised that, as a person, I am not that bad as I always used to think ;)
 
Anyway, 2008 has been a memorable year in my personal life, and I had quite a fun year. Even though my visa for the US got delayed this year, I hope it will be all done in 2009. INSHALLAH.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40