Great Expectations


It’s one of my favorite movies. Though I have read the novel but I like the movie better than the novel. The whole execution of the movie is awesome. From actors to dialogues to music to visuals, the movie do touches the heart.

Synopsis
It’s a story of Finn; a modest guy falling in love with a rich girl. Throughout his childhood he loved Estella, but he was never sure whether she loves him or not. One day a secret benefactor helps him to achieve his dream of pursuing a career as a painter in New York. Finn believed, it had to be Estella and her aunt Miss Dinsmoor who has been guardian of Estella throughout.; since Finn poorness was the only reason why he can’t marry Estella; therefore they have been helping him. But on the day of his success, Estella marries another guy leaving Finn heart broken. And Finn realized all this expectations were false. He was seeing the life the way he wants to see, not what actually it was. And the secret benefactor was a criminal whom he helped once in his childhood. All of Finn’s expectations failed. But still it didn’t ended here.


Visuals
The whole movie is green. In the visuals the green color is shown in abundance. Green is life. Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. On the flip side, green is jealousy or envy and a dark and cold side of a person. The girl's character in the movie is she's a cautious person and not inclined to trust others easily. She’s an observer in life, but not wished to get involved more than she wants. She’s cold, classy and needs a person to release her from her past. But she's struggling from within.... and doesn’t know what to choose. So I feel...the color GREEN is a sign of nature, inexperience, beauty and most importantly HOPE.... which the movie tries to convey.


Dialogues

Finn:

I'm not going to tell the story the way it happened. I'm going to tell it the
way I remember it.



Ms. Nora Digger Dinsmoor:
She'll only break your heart, it's a fact. And even though I warn you, even
though I guarantee you that the girl will only hurt you terribly, you'll still
pursue her. Ain't love grand?



Finn: What's it like not to feel anything?


Estella: Let's say there was a little girl, and from the time she could understand, she was taught to fear... let's say she was taught to fear daylight. She was taught that it was her enemy, that it would hurt her. And then one sunny day, you ask her to go outside and play and she won't. You can't be angry at her can you?


Finn: I knew that little girl and I saw the light in her eyes, and no matter what you say or do, that's still what I see.


Estella: We are who we are. People don't change.



Finn:
The night all of my dreams came true, and like all happy endings,It was a
tragedy, Of my device, for I succeeded. I had cut myself loose from Joe, from
the past, from the gulf, from poverty I had invented myself. I'd done it
cruelly, but I had done it. I was free!




Finn:
It's my heart, and it’s broken.


Finn:
I did it! I did it! I am a wild success! I sold 'em all, all my paintings. You
don't have to be embarrassed by me anymore, I'm rich! Isn't that what you
wanted, aren't we happy now. Don't you understand, that everything I do, I do it
for you. Anything, that might be special in me, is you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40