Cheers… to all the friendships I lost…

Okay, it is time for me to write something. I need to put my thoughts into writing. A few days ago, I watched Shahrukh's video in which he mentioned that he doesn't know how to make friends. This reminded me of my own experiences with friendships and the friends I have lost over time. I can completely relate to what he said because I also struggle with making friends. And even when I do make friends, I find it challenging to maintain those friendships for a long time.

In dealing with friends, I have been quite immature. I have often abandoned my friends based on temporary emotions, without considering the long-term consequences. Sometimes, the pain caused by a friend hurts so deeply that it becomes hard to forget. It can take me years to heal from such hurt. Strangely, once I heal, I tend to forget the reasons behind the pain. Instead of trying to resolve conflicts with my friends, I have chosen to walk away from them. However, I am now realizing that this is not the right approach. I should make an effort to keep my friends and work on resolving any conflicts that may arise.

At times, I feel that I am the only one making an effort to keep the friendship alive, while the other person does not reciprocate. But perhaps that's just how friendships are. We need to hold on to them and not let them slip away. It may be challenging to reconnect with old friends whom I have distanced myself from, but if I get the chance to mend those friendships, I will definitely take it.

It is important to treat people with kindness and not lose our friends over trivial matters. If someone wants to leave, we should let them go. And if they want to come back, we should have a big heart and welcome them back with open arms.

So, today I am making a promise to myself. I will not lose any more friends from now on. I will try my best to keep my friendships alive and make an effort to nurture and cherish them.


Dated: 1-Jun-2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40