Farewell

I made one decision and it is changing my life. I resigned from my job and joined a multinational company in Islamabad. Although it was a tough decision to take since I have been working for one of the best employers in the IT industry in Lahore, the decision has been taken. After thinking for weeks and spending sleepless nights, I decided to quit my job. The reason for leaving the job is quite stupid and foolish, as has been said by some. The reason was that I needed a change of work and wanted to test my capabilities and to see to what extent I could push myself. I am a person who loves changes and also a person who doesn’t easily get adjusted to these changes. I hope I made it an understandable statement for you. It’s been over a month since I joined my new company, which is again one of the best employers in the country. I can write about it later, but for now I just want to talk about my previous company. I spent more than 5 years over there, and now when I look back, it seems like such a long time, but in memories it appears to be such a short time. I wonder where the time got lost. 
Below is the excerpt of my farewell email. 


Dear All,


With this email, I am concluding one of the most cherished chapters of my life. Today 30-July-2010 marks my last working day at Redmath. It's been 5 years and 3 months since I joined this organization. From next week I won't be a part of it anymore. As most of you know, I would be joining in Islamabad. For me it wasn't an easy decision to take after I have been working at Redmath for many years; but the principle of evolution demands change, so that we can evolve and let others to evolve as well.


I am extremely grateful to Rxxx bhai for making me a part of Redmath. I will treasure all the memories of my stay at Redmath and for that I am thankful to every Redmathematician (now and once). I feel myself quite blessed since I've had the opportunity to work on some very interesting projects with great people. On personal level, I've made some quality friendships too.


I am not very fond of goodbyes and farewells, as for me they amplifies the nostalgia. Therefore, in the end I won't be saying goodbye to you. Because goodbyes are meant for those whom you think you will not be able to meet again. But I want us to meet again. I hope I'll keep in touch with a lot of you either in person or via networks like Facebook or LinkedIn. I am not hard to find. I can be reached at
MSN / Facebook / Linkedin: xxxxx@hotmail.com
GTalk: xxxx.xxx@gmail.com
Phone: 0xxxxx (for time-being, as it will get change)

Take very good care of yourself. May Allah bless you all.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Arfan Ameer
- "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Comments

Unknown said…
Remarkable Good Bye Email, Truly inspirational..!

Popular posts from this blog

Yaar Ko Humne Ja Ba Ja Dekha !!!

2016: A year in review – Crossroads and then a Straight line

Life at 40